METHODRED TOMATO SALSA
- In a small bowl, mix together the chopped cherry tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno pepper and coriander.
- Dress with olive oil and lime juice, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
REFRIED BLACK BEANS
- Heat up 2 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan.
- Add the diced onion and fry on a low heat until translucent, stirring regularly.
- Add diced garlic and continue frying until fragrant and softened.
- Mix in the spices and salt into the onion / garlic mixture. Allow them to fry off gently for a few seconds.
- Add in the beans and a splash of water. Mash some (or most of if you prefer) of the beans up with a fork to create saucier beans.
- Season with lime juice and more salt to taste.
SWEET POTATO ‘TOAST’
- Heat up the oven to 180° C / 355° F.
- Clean your sweet potatoes and slice them into ½ cm / ¼” slices.
- Place the potato slices on a tray and bake them in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes. Allow the slices to cool off.
- Heat up a griddle pan and brush the pre-baked potatoes with a little oil. Place them on the hot pan and grill them for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until charred and fully cooked through (insert a toothpick to double-check).
- Place two sweet potato slices (or sourdough toasts) on each plate, top with black beans, salsa, chopped avocado, toasted seeds, pickled onions, vegan sour cream / creme fraiche and coriander.
You can find out best toaster.